Unionized healthcare workers will hold an organized strike nationwide on 11 November 2021 at multiple public medical facilities to demand better working conditions. Participants also plan to march from the Blue House to Seoul City Hall at 13:30. Emergency and intensive care services will not be impacted.
• Possible protests or demonstrations in major cities possibly near medical facilities
• Traffic delays and potentially blocked roads at or near demonstration sites
• Lack of healthcare services or delays in receiving medical care
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Avoid all protests and demonstrations, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for COVID-19 spread
• Confirm itinerary and travel routes prior to beginning any travel near demonstration sites
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for Covid-19 spread
• Allow extra time to travel to/from the destination, airport, and accommodations
• Avoid travel through major cities if possible, instead using bypasses
• Monitor local media and news for updates
Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.