Air traffic control staff plan to strike nationwide on 18 June from 13:00-17:00.
The following locations are expected to participate in the strike: Florence, Milan, Olbia-Tempio, Perugia, Pescara, Pisa, and Rome Ciampino. Other locations cannot be ruled out.
• Delays or cancellations of flights lasting several hours prior to, during, and after the strike
• Possible protests or demonstrations at airports
• Traffic delays due to strikes, demonstrations, and possible blocked roads, etc.
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for Covid-19 spread
• Allow extra time to travel to/from the supplier, airport, and accommodations
• Practice social distancing or wear a mask when it cannot be maintained
• Monitor local and social media for updates
• Prepare for disruptions caused by protests, such as increased traffic/security, blocked roads, limited airport access, and potential travel into demonstration sites (i.e. airports, highways, government buildings)
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
• Plan for alternative transportation, if necessary
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.