Unionized airline employees in Italy are planning to strike nationwide on 24 September. The nationwide work stoppage is slated to last 24 hours, however interruptions may last into 25 September.
• Delays or cancellations to airline and airport services
• Possible protests or demonstrations at airports hubs
• Blocked roads due to demonstrations
• Increased traffic and delays, especially near city centers, government buildings, and other demonstration sites
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for COVID-19 spread
• Practice social distancing or wear a mask when it cannot be maintained
• Allow extra time to travel between the destination, accommodations, and airport
• Monitor local and social media for updates
• Prepare for disruptions caused by protests, such as increased traffic/security, blocked roads, and potential travel into demonstration sites (i.e. airports, highways, government buildings)
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
• Plan for alternative transportation, if necessary
• Adhere to local laws and follow the instructions of law enforcement at all times
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.