Air traffic control plans to strike nationwide on 26 July for twelve hours, from 08:00-20:00.
Locations/regions may include, but re not limited to: Tuscany, Genoa, Florence, Turin, Naples, and Lombardy.
• Delays or cancellations of flights lasting several hours prior to and after the strike
• Possible protests or demonstrations at transportation hubs
• Traffic delays due to strikes, demonstrations, etc.
• Blocked roads due to demonstrations
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Prepare for disruptions caused by protests, such as increased traffic/security, blocked roads, and potential travel into demonstration sites (i.e. airports, highways, government buildings)
• Check the local situation (local and social media, embassy, POC at the destination, etc.) prior to travel
• Confirm flight itinerary prior to traveling to the airport
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for Covid-19 spread
• Allow extra time to travel to/from the destination, airport, and accommodations
• Monitor local and social media for updates
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
• Plan for alternative transportation, if necessary
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.