The European Organization for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) has issued a notice that air traffic control (ATC) staff at the Paris Area Control Center (ACC) intend to stage industrial action starting at 17:00 on 27 March to 04:00 on 4 April. The notice stated that a minimum level of service would be provided in the Paris Flight Information Region (FIR).
The strike will lead to flight disruptions, including delays and cancellations, throughout France. More information regarding the level of disruption will likely be announced once staff participation in the strike becomes clear in the upcoming days.
• Possible protests or demonstrations at transportation hubs
• Traffic delays and blocked roads due to demonstrations
• Cancelled, delayed, or rerouted flights
• Follow-on or tandem demonstrations, strikes, or protests
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Prepare for disruptions caused by protests, such as increased traffic and security, blocked roads, and potential travel into demonstration sites (i.e. airports and near government buildings)
• Check the local situation (local and social media, embassy, POC at the destination, etc.) prior to travel
• Confirm your flight status prior to departing to the airport
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent and may serve as a catalyst for Covid-19 spread
• Allow extra time to travel to/from the destination, airport, and accommodations
• Monitor local and social media for updates
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
• Plan for alternative transportation, if necessary
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.