Updated on 24 November 2019
A national strike has been called by at least seven air transportation unions in Italy for 25
November 2019. Alitalia, Air Italy, and ENAV, the Italian air navigation service provider, will
also strike across Italy.
Flight delays and cancellations are possible.
• Delayed or cancelled flights
• Possible protests or demonstrations at airports
• Traffic delays due to strikes, demonstrations, etc.
• Blocked roads due to demonstrations, especially those near the airport
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Check with airport to confirm flight status before departure
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent
• Allow extra time for travel
• Monitor local media and news for updates
• Enroll in a safe traveler program to receive warning from your preferred embassy
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless
Disclaimer: LSDS gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.