Updated on 14 July 2019
Between 16 and 20 flights could be affected this Sunday at the airport in Bilbao for the
third day of intermittent strike of the workers of Aena and Enaire in the airport facilities of
the Loiu terminal.
The 24-hour strike this Sunday is called by unions CC.OO, ELA, LAB and USO to demand an
increase in the workforce to combat the increase in workload and passengers in the last
At the time of this report, several flights were delayed, but none were cancelled for Sunday
An additional strike is scheduled from 18:00-00:00 on Monday, 15 July. A total of 155
flights are scheduled on Monday, of which 57 are during the strike hours.
• Possible protests or demonstrations at airports
• Traffic delays due to strikes, demonstrations, etc.
• Delayed or cancelled flights
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent
• Check with airport to confirm flight status before departure
• Allow extra time for travel
• Monitor local media and news for updates
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless
Disclaimer: LSDS gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.