Updated on 23 October 2019
Air traffic controllers and other aviation unions are planning strikes on Friday, 25 October.
The length of the strikes varies by union from four to 24 hours; air traffic controllers will
walkout from 13:00-17:00 (local time).
Alitalia has canceled two late flights on Thursday, 24 October, and one early morning flight
on Saturday, 26 October, due to the work stoppages. The airline announced that service
scheduled during peak hours (07:00-10:00 and 18:00-21:00) on Friday will operate as
normal, but several flights have been canceled. A full list of impacted flight can be found on
the Alitalia website here
Further flight disruptions, including delays, modified timetables, and last-minute
cancellations, are possible in the coming days.
• Delayed or cancelled flights
• Possible protests or demonstrations at airports
• Traffic delays due to strikes, demonstrations, etc.
• Blocked roads due to demonstrations
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Avoid all protests and demonstration, which have the possibility of turning violent
• Check with airport to confirm flight status before departure
• Allow extra time for travel
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler Program from your preferred embassy to receive warning
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless
Disclaimer: LSDS gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.