Flight delays and cancellations are occurring at Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) as of 25 August (local time) amid ongoing COVID-19 restrictions resulting from several positive cases among airport employees. Officials placed additional testing requirements and shift limits on all employees, impacting numerous areas of operations within the airport and resulting in a significant number of flight cancellations and delays. These measures and subsequent disruptions may last through early September.
• Severe delays or cancellations of flights
• Tightening restrictions and requirements in regard to travel from Shanghai International Airport
• Increased screening measures
• Long waits and closed services in and around the airport
Mitigating Factors to Apply:
• Allow extra time to travel to/from the airport, destination, and/or accommodations
• Ensure the airport is open and operating before departure
• Confirm your itinerary with the airline and monitor your flight status regularly
• Monitor local and social media for updates
• Enroll in a Safe Traveler program to receive warnings from your preferred embassy
• Prepare for alternative methods of travel, if needed
DISCLAIMER and Hold Harmless Disclaimer: LSDS™ gathers information from multiple sources and offers insight and perspective to travelers. Sources cannot be validated for accuracy in every instance. Travelers assume all risk associated with their travel and are responsible for the decisions associated with travel and for their own safety. Users of this reference document agree, to hold harmless LSDS™ (LLC) its employees and clients associated with any risk or injury incurred during travel.